Penguin Random House Publisher Services is seeking two full-time paid interns for summer 2015 to work as part of our Kodansha Comics team at our office in New York City. The interns will perform diverse tasks spanning editorial, production, and marketing, giving them a chance to become familiar with every aspect of how an American manga publisher operates. As one of their primary roles will involve proofreading, the interns will need to be extremely detail-oriented, and prior experience with writing, editing, proofreading, or translation is preferred.
Responsibilities and duties
- Proofreading manga, ads, and other materials prior to publication
- Assisting the production manager or director of publishing with data entry and checking related to production and sales
- Participating in meetings with Kodansha representative and tracking the status of new manga series
- Other tasks depending on individual strengths and skills
- Familiarity with manga or comics
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Candidates will be required to pass a brief proofreading test.
- Prior experience as a writer, proofreader, copy editor, or fact checker [...]
Read More »