New York, NY – December 12, 2010 – Kodansha USA Publishing is pleased to announce their exciting debut list of manga under the Kodansha Comics imprint. Fans have been clamoring to know just what books would be on the list, and the wait is finally over.
The following new titles will make their English-language debut next summer:
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney returns in this new manga series written by Kenji Kuroda and illustrated by Kazuo Maekawa. Volume 1 releases in June followed by Volume 2 in August.
- Monster Hunter Orage, by Fairy Tail creator Hiro Mashima, is adapted from the Capcom game and debuts in June, with a second volume in August.
- And speaking of Hiro Mashima, his bestselling Rave Master series wraps up with an omnibus collecting the final three volumes of the series in May!
- Deltora Quest, adapted by Makoto Niwano from Emily Rodda’s novels, debuts in July. The anime is currently running on TV on The Hub.
- The Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex adapts the story from the anime, which is inspired by the works of Masamune Shirow. TGITS:SAC is adapted by Yu Kinutani.
- Sanami Matoh’s Until the Full Moon makes its triumphant return to the U.S. in July. This story of a boy who becomes a girl under the full moon turns the werewolf legend on its head!
- Mardock Scramble is adapted by Yoshitoki Oima from Tow Ubukata’s novel. This exciting sci-fi tale has also been adapted into a stunning anime. The first volume releases in August.
- Animal Land, by manga legend and Zatch Bell creator Makoto Raiku, tells the hilarious and heartwarming story of a baby raised by animals. This is set for an August release.
- Masashi Tanaka’s Gon returns, giving fans a chance to rediscover the adventures of this ferocious, tiny dinosaur! August release.
- Bloody Monday, written by Ryou Ryumon and illustrated by Kouji Megumi, is an exciting thriller about a computer hacker’s attempt to foil a terrorist plot! August release.
- Cage of Eden by Yoshinobu Yamada is best described as Battle Royale meets Lost by way of Negima! August release.
- And finally, Negima! gets an omnibus release in June, collecting the first three volumes with a new translation!
In addition, several ongoing series will make their return:
- Air Gear 18 (June), Air Gear 19 (August)
- Arisa 2 (May), Arisa 3 (July)
- Fairy Tail 13 (May), Fairy Tail 14 (July)
- I am Here! 2 (July)
- Negima! 29 (May), Negima! 30 (July)
- Negima?! Neo (June)
- Ninja Girls 5 (May), Ninja Girls 6 (July)
- Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei 9 (June), Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei 10 (August)
- Shugo Chara! 10 (May), Shugo Chara! 11 (July)
- The Wallflower 25 (June)
Stay tuned for more exciting Kodansha Comics announcements to come early next year!
About Kodansha Ltd.
Kodansha is Japan’s largest publisher, with its headquarters in Tokyo. Originally established in 1909 by Seiji Noma, the company is still a family-run business. Under the leadership of Sawako Noma, company president since 1987, Kodansha continues to play a dominant role in the media world, producing books and magazines in a wide variety of genres including literature, fiction, nonfiction, children’s, business, lifestyle, art, manga, fashion, and journalism. Recently, the company has ventured into digital distribution of content as well.